Monday, November 5, 2012

For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do

What is it that I want to do? Soooo many things, but do I do them? No! And I honestly don't know why other than satan doesn't want to see me follow through with God's plans for my life. Well guess what satan? Here I am and God is on my side and we will conquer you! So here I am determined once again to blog my little heart out! Please keep me in your prayers as I want to stay consistent this time and resist the temptation to stop...again!

I feel like I have been going through some spiritual struggles over the past few weeks or more. I just know that I know that I know that God has allowed me to go through these struggles as a test. It's been hard but I truly have felt a huge sense of relief beginning yesterday. I feel as though God has said, "good job my child, you have passed the test." As strange as it sounds, I feel like this child that just brought her report card home to her mom with all "A"'s! I can't quit smiling. You can't tell me that's not my Heavenly Father!

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not bragging because it's been tough. There are a lot of temptations out there that I easily could have fallen for. And I know there will be many more tests to come. I just pray that I will have my Spiritual Warfare on when that time comes.

I have a very powerful prayer about Spiritual armor that I like to pray daily. I thought I would share because it sure makes me feel like even the Terminator can't get through to this girl!

   With a pure (clean) heart and a clear mind, Lord Jesus, I ask that at this time please clothe me with your belt of truth. Thank you for providing us with the truth for the truth has set me free.

Next, please clothe me with the breastplate of righteousness, which I know I have protecting me because Jesus is in my heart.

I now lift my feet to be fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. I pray that I will walk in peace today and take every opportunity to share the Good News of Jesus Christ with those I meet.

I take up the shield of faith to guard my heart against all the flaming arrows of the ev il one.

I put on the helmet of Salvation to protect my mind,

Then fully clothed in my Spiritual Armor, I take up thee Sword of the Spirit which is the Word of God and the only true weapon I have to fight the raging battle that surrounds me-AMEN

I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18 For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature.[c] For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19 For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. 20 Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it." Romans 7:15-20

No comments: