Sunday, February 5, 2012

I'm baaaaaack.....again!

As you all know, I stopped blogging because my computer met an untimely death back in June 2011. I'm happy to say, I have a computer and an so excited to be able to be back on and hopefully blogging away.

So many things have happened over these months! As you all know, my sweet little family is getting a house through Habitat for Humanity. What you may or may not know is that we were chosen to be the Women's Build family this year! It's such an honor to be able to be a homeowner at all, let alone be chosen for this! Our home will be built May 9-19th! Wow, hard to believe it's possible to put up two houses in 10 days! What a great organization Habitat is. Wherever you are, it's worth supporting, check it out!

In other news, my son-in-law left for Basic Training but praise God (yes, I said praise God), he is coming home because he has flat feet! I've always heard that rumor that you can't be in the military if you have flat feet, now I know it's true! Neither Brittany nor Derek could be happier. They both realized during his brief stint in the Army that it wasn't what they wanted and were both miserable. God answers prayers in amazing ways and everything will work out for the best. Now if we just knew when he was coming home, but at least he is coming home.

We have been searching for colleges for Cody. So hard to believe she is that old. 18 next month? Really? Just yesterday she was a cuddly little baby girl toddling around my house. Where does the time go?

Sierra is happily home schooling now. It was the best decision we could have made for her and she loves it. It's a wonderful program that does most of the work for us. As much as I would love to, I would never be able to come up with lessons on my own. Thankful for Indiana Connections Academy!

In the midst of all the chaos, I am going to go back and get my real estate license again. I say again because I was a Realtor several years ago. But it was when the market was getting really bad and it wasn't producing enough income to support my family as my only income. But this time it will be my secondary income for now.

Well, I'm about to fall asleep but I want to close with this; God has answered some amazing prayers the past few months. I know He is here and with us daily. God isn't good...He is great! I will write more soon!

No comments: