Monday, August 8, 2011

Happy Birthday Brittany!

I just wanted to say Happy Birthday to my oldest daughter Brittany. Today she turned 22. Actually it was 7:40am to be exact, my first of three little blessings came into the world and my life would never be the same.
Brit, we have had a few ups and downs as all moms and children do but over all the years, you have been more than a daughter, you have been a best friend. You have taken care of your sisters when I had to work late or work more than one job. I will never forget when you got your first job at Once Upon a Child, you spent all of your paychecks on your sisters. They had a great Christmas that year, thanks to you. You have always been, and will always be their second mommy.
You have never given me any trouble as a teenager. And with all the stories you hear about how awful teens are, I was nervous. But you made it a breeze for me.
I am so proud of the wonderful, beautiful daughter you grew into. There are a lot of changes coming up for this family in the next year, and especially you. With Derek joining the Army, who knows where you will be at this time next year. My heart will break and a little piece of me will leave with you but I couldn't be prouder. The two of you have kept strong in your faith and God will guide you and lead you down this new, probably sometimes scary but very exciting path.
I love you more than words can ever say and I hope this birthday is a special one! Happy Birthday baby girl! I love you bunches!
Mom

No comments: