Monday, August 1, 2011

24.5 down...only 75.5 to go!

I know...it is completely unheard of to post here twice in one day, but here I am! I just wanted to give a quick update on the day. Went to the Habitat for Humanity office today and did a lot of data entry, which is right up my alley! I love my job and all but I could sit and do that all day, every day and never get tired of it!
I ended up making some birthday cards for volunteers and Partner Families and it is still sinking in that when I sign somethere there, it says; "The Hall Family, Partner Family". What an honor.
Although I have always felt like a country girl, I didn't realize just how much so until today. Did you know that when you park in downtown Bloomington, you have to move your car to another block every two hours? Who knew! I typically get all excited when I find ONE good parking place one time, let along having to find several parking places every two hours. And of course that means the dreaded parallel parking. When I first started driving my sweet momma always told me I can drive backwards just as good as I could forward. I never knew whether to take that as a compliment or not. But after parallel parking multiple times and squeezing in tight spots multiple times and getting within an inch of the curb and not hitting one car, I'd say that is a compliment! Thanks momma!
It's been a great day but I am beat! Not because of working hard, but because I went to bed at 2am this morning and got up at 7am! What was I thinking!
I can't quit smiling lately. God has been so good and has touched this little family in amazing ways! But I am the first to say, life isn't perfect and there are going to be storms in life. As the song says, we need to praise Him in the storm. Just don't take your eyes off of Him because He is your Life Boat and will save us from the storms of life.
I'll try to post pics soon!

No comments: